1. Perk J, De Backer G, Gohlke H et al. European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (version 2012). The Fifth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of nine societies and by invited experts). Eur Heart J 2012;33(13):1635-1701.
2. Catapano AL, Reiner Z, De Backer G et al. ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias The Task Force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS). Atherosclerosis 2011;217(1):3-46.
3. Joint British Societies' consensus recommendations for the prevention of cardiovascular disease (JBS3). Heart 2014;100 Suppl 2:ii1-ii67
4. Mensink RP, Zock PL, Kester AD, Katan MB. Effects of dietary fatty acids and carbohydrates on the ratio of serum total to HDL cholesterol and on serum lipids and apolipoproteins: a meta-analysis of 60 controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr 2003;77(5):1146-1155.
5. Weggemans RM, Zock PL, Katan MB. Dietary cholesterol from eggs increases the ratio of total cholesterol to high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in humans: a meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr 2001; May;735(5):885-891.
6. Whitehead A, Beck EJ, Tosh S, Wolever TM. Cholesterol-lowering effects of oat beta-glucan: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr 2014;100(6):1413-1421.
7. Zhu X, Sun X, Wang M et al. Quantitative assessment of the effects of beta-glucan consumption on serum lipid profile and glucose level in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 2015;25(8):714-723.
8. Ras RT, Geleijnse JM, Trautwein EA. LDL-cholesterol-lowering effect of plant sterols and stanols across different dose ranges: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled studies. Br J Nutr 2014;112(2):214-219.
9. Commission Regualtion (EU) No 686/2014. Offcial Journal of the European Union 2014
10. Sacks FM, Lichtenstein A, Van HL, Harris W, Kris-Etherton P, Winston M. Soy protein, isoflavones, and cardiovascular health: an American Heart Association Science Advisory for professionals from the Nutrition Committee. Circulation 2006;113(7):1034-1044.
11. Benkhedda K, Boudrault C, Sinclair SE et al. Health Canada’s Proposal to Accept a Health Claim
about Soy Products and Cholesterol Lowering. Int Food Risk Anal J 2014; 4:22. doi: 10.5772/59411.
12. Freeland-Graves JH, Nitzke S. Position of the academy of nutrition and dietetics: total diet approach to healthy eating. J Acad Nutr Diet 2013;113(2):307-317.
13. Sofi F, Abbate R, Gensini GF, Casini A. Accruing evidence on benefits of adherence to the Mediterranean diet on health: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr 2010;92(5):1189-1196.
14. Siervo M, Lara J, Chowdhury S, Ashor A, Oggioni C, Mathers JC. Effects of the Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet on cardiovascular risk factors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Nutr 2014;1-15.
15. Shen J, Wilmot KA, Ghasemzadeh N et al. Mediterranean Dietary Patterns and Cardiovascular Health. Annu Rev Nutr 2015;35:425-449.
16. Estruch R, Ros E, Salas-Salvado J et al. Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease with a Mediterranean diet. N Engl J Med 2013;368(14):1279-1290.
17. Jenkins DJ, Kendall CW, Faulkner DA et al. Assessment of the longer-term effects of a dietary portfolio of cholesterol-lowering foods in hypercholesterolemia. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;83(3):582-591.
18. Jenkins DJ, Jones PJ, Lamarche B et al. Effect of a dietary portfolio of cholesterol-lowering foods given at 2 levels of intensity of dietary advice on serum lipids in hyperlipidemia: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2011;306(8):831-839.
19. Jenkins DJ, Kendall CW, Faulkner D et al. A dietary portfolio approach to cholesterol reduction: combined effects of plant sterols, vegetable proteins, and viscous fibers in hypercholesterolemia. Metabolism 2002;51(12):1596-1604.
20. Jenkins DJ, Kendall CW, Faulkner DA et al. Long-term effects of a plant-based dietary portfolio of cholesterol-lowering foods on blood pressure. Eur J Clin Nutr 2008;62(6):781-788.
21. Appel LJ, Moore TJ, Obarzanek E et al. A clinical trial of the effects of dietary patterns on blood pressure. DASH Collaborative Research Group. N Engl J Med 1997;336:1117-24.
22. Sacks FM, Appel LJ, Moore TJ et al. A dietary approach to prevent hypertension: a review of the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) Study. Clinical Cardiology 1999;22:III6-10.
23. Obarzanek E, Sacks FM, Vollmer WM et al. Effects on blood lipids of a blood pressure-lowering diet: the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) Trial. The American journal of clinical nutrition 2001;74:80-9.
24. Nordic Nutrition Recommendations 2012. Integrating nutrition and physical activity. https://www.norden.org/en/theme/ nordic-nutrition-recommendation/ nordic-nutrition-recommendations-2012.