1. Piepoli MF, Hoes AW, Agewall S et al. 2016 European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice. The Sixth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of 10 societies and by invited experts). Eur Heart J 2016; 37 (29):2315-2381
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US), National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (US), Office on Smoking and Health (US).Atlanta (GA). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. How tobacco smoke causes disease: the biology and behavioural basis for smoking-attributable disease: a report of the surgeon general. 2010
3. Joint British Societies' consensus recommendations for the prevention of cardiovascular disease (JBS3). Heart 2014;100 Suppl 2:ii1-ii67.
4. Warren TY, Barry V, Hooker SP, Sui X, Church TS, Blair SN. Sedentary behaviors increase risk of cardiovascular disease mortality in men. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2010;42(5):879-885.
5. Eckel RH, Jakicic JM, Ard JD et al. 2013 AHA/ACC guideline on lifestyle management to reduce cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation 2014;129: S76-S99.
6. O'Keefe JH, Bybee KA, Lavie CJ. Alcohol and cardiovascular health: the razor-sharp double-edged sword. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007;50(11):1009-1014.
7. Shen J, Wilmot KA, Ghasemzadeh N et al. Mediterranean Dietary Patterns and Cardiovascular Health. Annu Rev Nutr 2015;35:425-449.
8. Klatsky AL. Alcohol and cardiovascular health. Physiol Behav 2010;100(1):76-81.
9. Holmes MV, Dale CE, Zuccolo L et al Association between alcohol and cardiovascular disease: Mendelian randomisation analysis based on individual participant data.BMJ 2014;349:g4164.
10. Catapano AL, Graham I, De Backer G et al. 2016 ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias The Task Force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS). Eur Heart J 2016; 39:2999-3058 and Atherosclerosis 2016; 253: 281-344.
11. WHO. Global status report on non-communicable diseases 2014. 2014 http://www.who.int/nmh/publications/ncd-status-report-2014/en/
12. Hecker KD, Kris-Etherton PM, Zhao G, Coval S, St JS. Impact of body weight and weight loss on cardiovascular risk factors. Curr Atheroscler Rep 1999;1(3):236-242.
13. Jensen MD, Ryan DH, Apovian CM et al. 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and The Obesity Society. Circulation 2014;129(25 Suppl 2):S102-S138.
14. Després JP. Body fat distribution and risk of cardiovascular disease: an update. Circulation 2012;126(10):1301-1313.